A very good friend asked me to make a Cowl for her. I had been playing around with Star Stitch at the time and so felt it was a good idea to use it in this Cowl. I also named this after my friend. Sometimes in life, if you are lucky enough you have a person who is always there for you, no matter what. Deb is that person for me!
At the time I did not really think this would be a popular pattern. Just goes to show you can never tell what people will love. This pattern is often downloaded more than 450 times in a month.
I often tend to do things a little different and the cowl is one of these things. It is made with 2 strands of Aran weight yarn (double). Any Aran could be used Aran weight yarn used. The one pictured was made from Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 10 ply. It is so very soft. This is an Australian Yarn and can be purchased online via their web page. A good alternative to this yarn would be King Cole Merino Blend Aran. The same results could be achieved using a Chunky Yarn with one strand.
This post may contain affiliate links
This is a FREE pattern (download is available on ravelry), and by using it, you’re agreeing to the following conditions.
You’re welcome to sell what you make with it; for online listings, please link back to my blog (or ravelry) using something like this:
- Do not resell the pattern, altered or in its original form.
- Do not copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, in a Facebook group, or anywhere else. Link to this page instead (or my ravelry). Doing anything else is copyright theft.
- Do not use any of my photos from this site (or any of my other sites) to promote yourself or your crochet business on your own blog, Facebook page, or anywhere else.
- Do not post a translation of the pattern anywhere – this is copyright theft. If you would like to help make a translation available, please contact me.
- Do not make a video tutorial of this pattern (or any of my patterns).